Irritated rant.....

I have been thinking a bit about the differences in generation and how people conduct themselves.

I was born in 1979. I don't remember a lot about the 80s, but the 90s....was my jam.  I had a cellphone that was size of my head, I  listened to Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Silverchair, and I was high school student that worked 2 jobs. My parents taught me a great lesson that I will hopefully pass on to my future little monsters.....you don't get anywhere in life unless you work for it.

If you have read my earlier posts, you will know that I am the oldest of 4 girls. My parents worked their butts off to give us everything. My dad worked for the County roads department and farmed. My mom went to college, tried to keep us girls in line, and worked other jobs. I credit my multitasking ability to that woman! I don't really know how she handled college, 4 girls, a farmer husband, and an outside job. They did what the needed to to provide for us. All four of us girls worked when we were in high school. That is what we were expected to do.

I saw a young lady on the news this morning and her story made my blood boil. The young lady is suing her parents for tuition and living expenses. She moved out because she mad. When this child didn't follow their rules and lived under their roof. Really? I mean most of us disobeyed our parents here or there, but sue them? Come on. Get a job, apply for student loans, and act like an adult since you so obviously don't want to be a teenager. I would never think about doing that to my parents. It is ridiculous. I really hope that I am not the only person thinking these things.

I also can't handle Teen Mom. Ugh. I've tried to watch it a few times to see what all the fuss was about. In the few episodes that I saw, there was a lot of yelling at parents or being angry with them for not helping raise their children that they made. I am not a mother and I do have friends that were teen moms, so dont take the following wrong....take responsibility for what you made and patent/take care of your child. Yes, people need help and there is nothing wrong with asking for it or giving that help.  But to be pissed at your parents, because they won't watch your children. Come on.

I get so aggrevated with situations like the above. I don't know why. It is not like I can actually do something about it. What I can do is pass along my morals, my values, and my work ethics to my future children.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Grab My Button

Powered by Blogger.