Confessions of a Blushaholic

Hi. My name is Sarah and I'm addicted to Blush.

Rouge, blush, blusher. Love. Them. All. You can even include bronzers and highlighters in the mix. If you a pasty of Irish and German decent girly like me, blush can be your new bestie. Or, your worst enemy.

Blush has been in use since ancient times by women and men. Ancient Egypt, ancient Greece, the Victorian Age. It has been around longer than the majority of us were mere thoughts in our parent's minds. It had been made of various substances also. Red beets, mulberries, crushed strawberries, and different talc powders.

My newest purchases are a couple of Illamasqua and NYX blushers. Mix of cream and powder. Illamasqua is a British cosmetic company that is known to be edgy and vibrantly colorful. And is a wee bit pricey. Especially, if you order from Sephora or buy something that is not on sale.  I only order things that I have thoroughly researched and items that are on sale. The shipping costs are crazy! Although, their recent blowout sale beat the Sephora prices even with the shipping from across the pond. NYX you can purchase at CVS, Target, and Ulta. NYX is very affordable, but not cheap. Their products are fantastic! There is a wide range of colors for each makeup category and priced between $3 to $10-$12. I have also found them on sale numerous times.

I have my trusty favorites; L'Oreal True Match in  Baby Blossom, Maybelline Dusty Rose, Physicians Formula Happy Booster in Rose, and Benefit's Rockaeur, Milani Luminoso, The Balm Argyle, NYX Peach, and ELF's Candid Coral. Lots of favs.  The Benefit one was my very first high-end makeup purchase.I still wear it as much as i can....have to get the money's worth on that one.  I have a blush drawer that is overflowing and a bronzer/highlighter that is on its way! I have watched many online tutorials on "how to apply blush/bronzer/highlighter". 
What I have learned....you have to find your own mix that works for you. Start lightly. Don't be afraid of color.  Build up that color. Watch videos. Experiment. Don't be afraid of cream products. And most of all, throw that stinking bitty brush our that comes with the blush. They are horrible. My favorite brush is by Real Techniques. $5-$12. ELF also makes a very good one for $3. 

Ooohhhh....I almost forgot about my trusty ELF blushes. Only $3 at Walmart or Target. Fabulous. Incredible dupes for NARS blushes. They wear beautifully and stay put for a good 6-10 hours. I have many favorites and dupes on my Pinterest page. Search for Sarah Farrens Lee Pow. My beauty board is enormous and has a multitude of beauty related products, ideas, and looks. If you are interested in any tutorials, please leave a comment and I can recommend my favorite YouTubers. 

Happy Blushing!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Grab My Button

Powered by Blogger.