Curly hair

If you have naturally curly hair....EMBRACE IT...don't fight it. I repeat, DO NOT FIGHT THE CURLY HAIR!

You will soon find out that I LOVE my curly hair.I did not realize that I had naturally curly hair until about 2004....I was in my 20s. Ridiculous, I KNOW.  I thought I just had a little wave and that my perms....yes....perms....lasted a long time. Hey, don't judge me. I grew up in the 80s and 90s.  Big hair, Elenett and Rave hairspray, side ponies...we rocked that shit!

I was in nursing school and a friends mom started cutting my hair. She thought i was crazy because i didnt realize what my hair could be. She made me realize how curly my hair is. She started teaching me how to style and take care of it. I LOVE my Jane! And suddenly, the mane was"born". 

I see so many women (or men)straighten, blow out their would be so beautiful curly hair, or just simply do not take care it..... and I just cringe.  There is no need to blow that shit out all the time. Give you hair some much needed rest and let it out of the cage! Yes, your hair will be frizzy and somewhat crazy at first, but once you learn some Curly Girl Rules, your mane will also be born. The following rules are what I have learned over the years.

Curly hair rules that I live by:

Condition, condition, condition.
Do not wash everyday. ( I know it may seem gross, but it helps)
Do not blow dry without a diffuser.
Do not go crazy towel drying with a regular towel. Use a terry cloth towel or one of those head wrap thingys. I purchased mine at CVS.
Find a stylist that knows what the hell they are doing with curly hair.The wrong cut will scar you for life and make you hate your curls.
Experiment with different products. I use many different ones to achieve what I want. (Sometimes it is a beast on to its own, though). Just accept it and move on.
Try not to bleach, because it will get even dryer. 
Deep condition at least once a week.
Do not "play" with your hair. The more you touch it, the more you will look like Animal from the Muppets. (I have been know to look and act like this at times)

I get on blogs, and read how tos and what not. Read all you can....something may not work for one person, but may work for you.

Here are some products that have worked wonders for me. Some are higher end and some are drugstore. There is also a picture below of some of them. 

Ouidad climate control gel
Ouidad moisture shampoo and conditioner
Moroccan oil light serum
L'Oreal curling mousse
L'Oreal curling cream
Biolage Gelee
Biolage hydration shampoo and conditioner
Garnier anti-frizz serum (great product if you are balling on a budget like me)
Moroccan oil hair mask
Prive conditioning hair treatment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Grab My Button

Powered by Blogger.